Re: Views and confidentiality - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Views and confidentiality
Date
List pgsql-novice
Reshat,

> In my opinion, access permissions and views (data preprocessing, etc.)
> both represent a mechanism to increase confidentiality of data. There's
> a person who doesn't think so. Who do you think is right?

Who doesn't think so?

> P.P.S. I believe we can create arbitrary views, including views that
> aggregrate data from many rows into a summary value. Please correct me
> if i'm wrong.

Yes, you can.

For that matter, Neil and I were talking about automated building of update
rules for simple views, meaning that in the future simple "confidentiality"
views would also be updatable without you having to figure out the RULES
system.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions