Re: [Indlinux-group] pgAdmin3 beta available for translation - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: [Indlinux-group] pgAdmin3 beta available for translation
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Le Vendredi 12 Septembre 2003 06:53, Prakash Advani a écrit :
> Hello Jean-Michel,
>
> Thank you for writing to us. We would be happy to see your application
> translated. I have a few questions.
>
> - Both GTK/QT are enabled to support Indian Languages through Unicode.
> Does your application use any of those?
>
> Regards
> Prakash

Dear Prakash,

Thank you very much for your answer. PostgreSQL is the most advanced free
software database in the world.

pgAdmin3 administration interface (http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3) is based
on the wxWindows multi-platform framework and linked against GTK2 with
Unicode support. pgAdmin3 allows the user to select a custom font. We support
Right to Left languages, with only one problem about menus which do not
invert (yet). Gujarati, Hindi and several other languages from India are
supported.

If you are working under GNU/Linux, I would recommand using the latest version
of gTranslator or Kbabel. We also provide custom packages of poEdit linked
against GTK2 with Unicode support.

If you want to be sure pgAdmin3 works with languages from India, why not
perform a test: translate the 40 first entries or so of an empty .po file and
send it back to me.

A detailed guide and list of languages is available from
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/translation.php

If you would like to register for a translation, do not hesitate to get back
to us as explained in the howto available online. We will do our best to
support you during the translation.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel Pouré