Re: pgAdmin3 icon under RPM platform - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: pgAdmin3 icon under RPM platform
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Le Vendredi 12 Septembre 2003 00:01, vous avez écrit :
> Jean-Michel,
> as ".desktop" files can (should) be localized, would it be easy to get a
> translation of this file in the future ?

Dear Raphaël,

Under RedHat 9.0, the icon installs into "Development" ("Programmation" in
French) very well, without the need for a translation. It seems that the name
of the application and comments can also be translated.

The problem is that the .desktop file must be maintained by hand with
copy/paste (like we do with the list of languages). I don't have a clear idea
whether it is worth doing it. "Pgadmin III" and "PostgreSQL tools" seem clear
enough.

As usual, I may be wrong as I do not know many things about Desktop-Utils. If
there are clear reasons why we should translate it, why not... What do you
think?

Cheers, Jean-Michel