Re: Bug on parameter bigint in PL/PGSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Bug on parameter bigint in PL/PGSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Friday 22 August 2003 12:59, Michele Bendazzoli wrote:
> I think i found a bug in PL/PGSQL: when i use a parameter bigint (int8)
> and call the function from psql an error message which says that "the
> functioname(bigint) doesn't exist" is displayed.
> If i turn the int8 to int4 all works fine ...

Seems ok here:

CREATE FUNCTION my_bigint_test(int8) RETURNS int8 AS '
BEGIN RETURN $1 + 1::int8;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

SELECT my_bigint_test(1);

CREATE FUNCTIONmy_bigint_test
(1 row)

SELECT my_bigint_test(2::int8);my_bigint_test
(1 row)

Can you provide an actual example?

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd