Re: Bug on parameter bigint in PL/PGSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michele Bendazzoli
Subject Re: Bug on parameter bigint in PL/PGSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 15:05, Richard Huxton wrote:
> On Friday 22 August 2003 12:59, Michele Bendazzoli wrote:
> > I think i found a bug in PL/PGSQL: when i use a parameter bigint (int8)
> > and call the function from psql an error message which says that "the
> > functioname(bigint) doesn't exist" is displayed.
> > If i turn the int8 to int4 all works fine ...
>
> Seems ok here:

cut

> Can you provide an actual example?

I delete the example because i don't need it anymore (it was a function
that simply get a int8 and return the last 4 byte (a int4), but now i
don't use int8 anymore) and the one I try to reproduce now just works
fine ...

Maybe it was only my mistake due to the overload capacity of PL/PGSQL: i
wonder if I was testing the errate version of the function while i was
modifying another: the power of postgresql :-)

Thank anyway.

ciao, Michele