Re: Inheritance or no inheritance, there is a question - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Inheritance or no inheritance, there is a question
Date
List pgsql-sql
Vernon,

> Thanks for your suggestion. I haven't thought this structure, to compose a
> table with another one. That probably is the best solution I can have. With
> this approach, I need to have two tables for B. As a result, all queries,
> insertion, update, deletion, of B need to operate on these two tables. Is
> it possible using a view to them as one table?

Yes.  In fact, by configuring PostgreSQL's RULE system, you can make the view
updatable, insertable and deleteable as well.  See the online docs under
"CREATE RULE" and "Server-side Programming"

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions