Re: C vs plpgsql and child processes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Godden
Subject Re: C vs plpgsql and child processes
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Sean,

Yeah - It is declared VOLATILE.  I think there must be something specific with
the way PL/PGSQL handles child processes of a called function.  The child
process actually spawns mpg123 or ogg123 so it has to live beyond the life of
the parent.  Not sure.  What I might do is rewrite the entire procedure from
woe to go in using SPI and see how that goes.  Failing that I guess I could
always peek at the source! : )

Thanks,

Jason