Re: pqgetresultset problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: pqgetresultset problem
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, P.Harikrishnan wrote:

> Hi Stephan,
>  Thanx for the reply.
>   I am using asynchronous execution of queries and not pqexec.
>   So it is possible to get all the result sets one by one by calling
> pqGetResultset till it returns NULL
>   So I am assuming that i can leave the query which failed and process the
> rest of the resultsets. But what is happening is once a
>   query fails, pqGetResultset return NULL.

My guess would be that the queries are probably still sent as a single
transaction given that PQexec appears to basically be: setup, use
PQsendQuery, get the result from the last result. The following queries
fail because you can't do queries while in the failed transaction state.