Re: Perfomance Tuning - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Perfomance Tuning
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 03:34:44PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> It is true that ext2 isn't good because the file system may not recover,
> but BSD UFS isn't a journalled file system, but does guarantee file
> system recovery after a crash --- it is especially good using soft
> updates.

Sorry.  I usually write "journalled or equivalent" for this reason.
I think UFS with soft updates is a good example of this.  You also
don't need complete journalling in most cases -- metadata is probably
sufficient, given fsync.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110