Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect() - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reuben D. Budiardja
Subject Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 05 August 2003 03:31 am, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
> shreedhar wrote:
> > Is it necessary to uninstall previous version of PHP in my system.
>
> No,but a new recompile will probably over-write the version you have now.
>
> > Which is the better compatible version for Postgre 7.3.2.
>
> Most recent should be the best I would think.
>
> > Can you give any link/info for recompiling PHP
>
> www.php.net ?
>
> If you have never compiled PHP before I would suggest reading up on
> compilation before-hand and even asking the php help list. Recompiling
> PHP also means you need to recompile Apache (if that is the web server
> you are using).

No, you don't need to recompile Apache to recompile PHP, just restart the
webserver.

My guess would be when you update the new postgresql library override the old
one, so PHP needs to be recompile to use the new library.

My suggestion, easiest thing to do would be to write a PHP script with just
<?
phpinfo();
?>
and run the script (or browse it through the web). You will see all your old
configure options there. Use that to configure your new PHP (make sure you
have the option --with-pgsql), do "make", 'make install', and you should be
good to go.

RDB

Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy