Re: Feature request -- Log Database Name - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Feature request -- Log Database Name
Date
List pgsql-hackers
One idea would be to output log information as INSERT statements, so we
could log connection/dbname/username to one table, and per-session
information to another table, and server-level info in a third table.

If you want to analyze the logs, you could load the data into a database
via inserts, and even do joins and analyze the output using SQL!

This would solve the problem of failed transactions exporting
information, would not be extra overhead for every log message, and
would handle the problem of analyzing the log tables while the system
was running and continuing to emit more log output.

Pennsylvania19073