Re: Why performance improvement on converting subselect to a function ? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Subject Re: Why performance improvement on converting subselect to a function ?
Date
Re: Why performance improvement on converting subselect to a function ?  ("Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in>)
List pgsql-performance
Dear Tom,

the problem was repeatble in the sense repeated
execution of queries made no difference on
performance.

What lead to degradation was the bumping off of
effective_cache_size parameter from 1000 to 64K

Can any one point me  the recent guide done by
Sridhar and Josh i want to see what i mis(read|understood)
 from  there ;-) [ it was on GeneralBits' Home Page ]

Anyway the performance gain was from 32 secs to less
than a sec what i restored cache size from 64K to 1000.

I will post again with more details but at the moment
i got to load my data_bank :)

Regds
Mallah.