Re: Regression test failure date. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Regression test failure date.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Creager <Robert_Creager@LogicalChaos.org> writes:
> > 2003-02-15 passes 50/50 and 33/33 on second pass (so far)
> > 2003-02-16 fails 6/50
>
> I looked in the CVS logs while waiting for a compile, and the only patch
> I see that goes anywhere near the locking or cache code around that time
> is this one:

>     * src/: backend/storage/lmgr/deadlock.c,
>     backend/storage/lmgr/lock.c, backend/storage/lmgr/proc.c,
>     backend/utils/adt/lockfuncs.c, include/storage/lock.h,
>     include/storage/proc.h: Rename 'holder' references to 'proclock'
>     for PROCLOCK references, for consistency.
>
> which seems like a safe change (I assume it was just a
> search-and-replace; do you recall, Bruce?) and anyway the time is not
> quite right.

Yes, just a rename operation.

> What time of day did your successive pulls correspond to, anyway?
> (I believe my cvs2cl printout above is showing me EST.)

For the date range:
pgcvs log -d'2003-02-15 00:00:00 GMT<2003-02-18 00:00:00 GMT' -rHEAD

I see:

/src/include/optimizer/pathnode.h                                                                        tglTeach
plannerhow to propagate pathkeys from sub-SELECTs in FROM up tothe outer query.  (The implementation is a bit klugy,
butit would takenontrivial restructuring to make it nicer, which this is probably notworth.)  This avoids unnecessary
sortsteps in examples likeSELECT foo,count(*) FROM (SELECT ... ORDER BY foo,bar) sub GROUP BY foowhich means there is
nowa reasonable technique for controlling theorder of inputs to custom aggregates, even in the grouping case.

---
/src/test/regress/expected/case.out
tglCOALESCE()and NULLIF() are now first-class expressions, not macrosthat turn into CASE expressions.  They evaluate
theirarguments at mostonce.  Patch by Kris Jurka, review and (very light) editorializing by

me.

---
/doc/TODO.detail/exists
momjianRemove IN/EXISTS TODO.detail item.

Pennsylvania19073