Re: IN clauses via setObject(Collection) [Was: Re: Prepared - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Felipe Schnack
Subject Re: IN clauses via setObject(Collection) [Was: Re: Prepared
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Well, that's your opinion, calm down :-)
  Anyway, I really think the solution of add various parameter marks ("?") and fill the ones you don't use with nulls
israther awful. There is a database that provides another solution for that?

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:34:10 +0100
Paul Thomas <paul@tmsl.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On 21/07/2003 18:51 Fernando Nasser wrote:
> > Also, we may limit this behavior with Collections to the IN clause
> > only.  Where else could we need lists to replace the '?' ?
>
> Nowhere. Not even with an IN clause. If the programmer needs IN(1,2,3,4,5)
> then he must write IN(?,?,?,?,?) in his prepare string. That's the way
> JDBC works. Period. Acceptance of any other behaviour is un-professional
> and against the standards. As you said yourself, neither Oracle nor DB2
> support this behavior. Neither should PostgreSQL.
>

> --
> Paul Thomas
> +------------------------------+---------------------------------------------+
> | Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for the Smaller
> Business |
> | Computer Consultants         |
> http://www.thomas-micro-systems-ltd.co.uk   |

 /~\ The ASCII        Felipe Schnack (felipes@ritterdosreis.br)
 \ / Ribbon Campaign  Analista de Sistemas
  X  Against HTML     Cel.: 51-91287530
 / \ Email!           Linux Counter #281893

Centro Universitário Ritter dos Reis
http://www.ritterdosreis.br
ritter@ritterdosreis.br
Fone: 51-32303341