Re: initcap incompatibility issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From nolan@celery.tssi.com
Subject Re: initcap incompatibility issue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > It sounds like Oracle is simply regexing for anything that ISN'T a letter
> > to initcap right after it.  If that's the case, you could just regex too.
>
> Or more likely, use the appropriate ctype.h function (isalpha, probably).

Having tested it, Oracle capitalizes after all non-alphanumeric characters,
so !isalnum() is the appropriate function.  (That makes it a one-line
patch on 7.3.3, which I've already tested.)

> AFAIK, our specification for this function is "be like Oracle", so it's
> a bug fix and fair game for 7.4.  Of course, the sooner you get it in
> the more likely we'll see it that way ;-).  Later in beta, only critical
> bugfixes will be accepted, and this one surely ain't very critical.

Now if I can just get CVS working on Redhat 8 and remember how to build
a patch, even a one-liner. :-)
--
Mike Nolan