Re: Persian PostgreSQL efforts - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: Persian PostgreSQL efforts
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dear Behdad,

Thank you very much for your answer.

>   - The official name of the language as used in English is
> Persian.  Writing Farsi instead of Persian is like writing Dutch
> instead of German.

I made the correction. See:
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/translation_team.html

>   - I am a professional PostgreSQL user, basically for Persian
> databases.  As an example you can find this one:
>   http://bamdad.org/~digilib/
> which is a Persian Digital Library, using PostgreSQL extensively.
>   - I have also wrote a very simple shared library for PostgreSQL
> that allows the user to set locales on the fly.  It enables
> different users to set sorting order of their requests.  It is
> named pgbe and you can find it in
> http://sf.net/projects/farsitools.
>  - I am also the coordinator of the Free Translation Project
> Persian team.  Let me know if you still have problems finding
> translators, or want reviewer or something else.

We will certainly gain from your help. Abbas Izad  (abbasizad@hotmail.com)
just registered to do the translation. He might be interested in joining
efforts or sharing knowledge.

>  - Don't hesitate to subscribe me to any related mailing list
> related to the Persian translation effort.

Translations are managed and reviewed using pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org
mailing list. You can register the mailing list visiting
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin2.php?ContentID=4.

This email is being CCed to Abbas Izad and pgadmin-hackers. Do not hesitate to
get back to us for any question. I wish we can stay in touch and produce the
best possible Persian translation.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE