Re: Enabling and Disabling Sequencial Scan - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Nikolaus Dilger
Subject Re: Enabling and Disabling Sequencial Scan
Date
List pgsql-performance
David,

I say go ahead and use it since you get a significant
performance gain.  This is a special case where you
know more about your data than the planer does with
general system wide settings.  In Oracle you could use
"hints".  Since there are no hints in PostgreSQL
disabling and reenabling an option just before and
after a query has the same effect.

Regards,
Nikolaus

On Fri, 30 May 2003 16:33:07 -0400, Yusuf wrote:

> In the application, that I'm working on, I have a
query