Re: can't alter user with the postgres user - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Katy Earl
Subject Re: can't alter user with the postgres user
Date
List pgsql-novice
Ok, I spoke too soon, I think... It seems that pg_user
is a view and shows 8 *'s regardless of what password
you have postgres set up to. I did an 'ALTER USER
postgres WITH PASSWORD 'blah'; ' with the password we
have been using in Webmin for accessing the database,
which interestingly seemed to work (while logged in as
postgres, the message after I pressed 'enter' was
'ALTER USER' then another prompt).

But, I still can't create a user while logged in as
postgres (in Webmin or psql) and webmin isn't picking
up the changes that were made to postgres with 'ALTER
USER'. Perhaps 'ALTER USER' isn't doing what I think
it should be doing??

Still lost

Katy