Re: can't alter user with the postgres user - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Katy Earl
Subject Re: can't alter user with the postgres user
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi Josh

Yes, I see the problem now.... The password in the
pg_user table is different from what we are thinking
postgres's password to be... How do I change the
password in this table to be the correct one, or vice
versa?

Katy

system=> SELECT * FROM pg_user;
 usename  | usesysid | usecreatedb | usesuper
 postgres |        1 | t           | f

| usecatupd |  passwd  | valuntil | useconfig
(1 row)

system=> CREATE USER carl WITH PASSWORD 'moll454';
ERROR:  CREATE USER: permission denied

Katy