can't alter user with the postgres user - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Katy Earl
Subject can't alter user with the postgres user
Date
List pgsql-novice
I'm brand new to postgres, and I didn't install it on
the machine I'm using so I don't entirely understand
its configuration. But isn't the 'postgres' user
supposed to be like the root user for PostgreSQL?
Well, for some reason, my postgres user doesn't have
the privilege to create other users...

How do I give 'postgres' the privilege to create
users?

Katy

PS Should my entire /usr/local/pgsql directory by
owned by the user and group 'postgres'?