Re: Large object corruption - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Large object corruption
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom,

> Not a known issue, and not a very credible report either.  LOs use the
> same transaction mechanisms as everything else.
>
> Is this the same client that apparently lost an index to a filesystem
> failure earlier today?  I wonder just how extensive that failure was...
> you might try looking for zeroed pages in pg_largeobject and its

Not the same machine, but the same client.  I think a lot of their problems=
=20
devolve from running PostgreSQL on machines that consistently run out of RA=
M,=20
CPU and disk space, sometimes all at once.  Also they're in the habit of=20
turning the machines off while running.=20

It's actually sort of an interesting "destruction-test" environment for=20
PostgreSQL, and I really wish they'd give me publishable results, because=
=20
their testing, if anything, demonstrates how *indestructable* postgresql is=
.=20=20

I just wanted to make sure this was not a known, patchable issue.  Thanks!

--=20
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco