Re: Large object corruption - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Large object corruption
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> A client of mine has claimed to encounter the following:
> When they have an unexpected power-out, large objects written to the database
> but not checkpointed (i.e. in the middle of a transaction, and later than the
> checkpoint interval) will be corrupted, and not even the previous version of
> the LO is retrieveable.

Not a known issue, and not a very credible report either.  LOs use the
same transaction mechanisms as everything else.

Is this the same client that apparently lost an index to a filesystem
failure earlier today?  I wonder just how extensive that failure was...
you might try looking for zeroed pages in pg_largeobject and its