Re: > 16TB worth of data question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: > 16TB worth of data question
Date
Re: > 16TB worth of data question  (Jonathan Bartlett <johnnyb@eskimo.com>)
Re: > 16TB worth of data question  (Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>)
List pgsql-general
FWIW, FreeBSD's UFS filesystem doesn't suffer from the 2G limit. It's
limit is something like 4TB iirc.

I'll also second the opinion that if you're really going to put that
much data in your database, x86 hardware might not be a good idea.
However, I'd recommend RS/6000 over Sun if you can afford it; for
Oracle, the standard is that you only need 1/2 the CPUs in RS/6000 as
you would in a Sun, because RS/6000 puts heavy emphasis on memory
bandwidth.