DBI & DBD::Pg processor load - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Gamache
Subject DBI & DBD::Pg processor load
Date
Re: DBI & DBD::Pg processor load  (Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh@pop.jaring.my>)
List pgsql-general
Linux 2.4.20 & PostgreSQL 7.2.3 & DBD::Pg 1.22.

I was using PgSQL and PgSQL::Cursor with decent results. It is no
longer supported, and was causing some strange problems. So, I switched to DBI
with no problems to speak of. However, I immediately noticed a jump in
processor usage. I primarily use
$db->prepare($sql), $rs->execute, and $rs->fetchrow_arrayref.

Are there any DBI experts out there with some advice to cut down on processor
usage?

CG