Re: Upgrade to RedHat 9.0 broke PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Upgrade to RedHat 9.0 broke PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday 20 April 2003 13:05, Joshua Drake wrote:
> Well this is a RedHat foobar. In reality, Red Hat should have a check
> to see if a previous version of PostgreSQL is installed via RPM and if
> so, don't install the new version. At a minimum they should warn you.

The RPM dependencies are set to conflict with previous versions for the
postgresql-server package.  Unfortunately, the version of RPM shipped with
RHL9 doesn't honor a Conflicts against the same package.... :-(  I _know_ my
RPMset has that header set.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio