Re: Trigger - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Trigger
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wednesday 10 Apr 2024 3:58 pm, Stefan Sturm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I switch to PostgreSQL 7.3 and now I try to make some Triggers. But the
> triggers are differnt to Oracle. Where can I find a tutorial about using
> and creating triggers in PostgreSQL 7.3
>
> I just want to update to fields on instert and update with the system
> time...

You've already got some answers pointing you to the relevant point in the
documentation, but you might like to check out
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/ - lots of good stuff there.

Especially, it might be worth checking the cookbook (Roberto Mello) and the
Postgresql Notes (me). I think I've got an example of this in the notes,
although it's probably out of date.

--  Richard Huxton