Re: INSERT INTO ... SELECT (PostgreSQL vs. MySQL) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ian Barwick
Subject Re: INSERT INTO ... SELECT (PostgreSQL vs. MySQL)
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thursday 10 April 2003 16:27, Ian Barwick wrote:
> I'm currently "porting" a smallish application from Postgres
> to MySQL [*].

Many thanks for all your feedback on this. I've just had a very long and
frustrating afternoon coercing the app to work with MySQL ("it's what
the customers have") and was harbouring thoughts of committing unspeakable
acts of violence to inanimate objects. [ Incoherent rambling rant about
database software which happily and warninglessly accepts swathes of syntax it
has every intention of ignoring silently snipped].

Anyway, that's another point for my growing MySQL gotcha list.

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net