Re: Stuff that doesn't work yet in IPv6 patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kurt Roeckx
Subject Re: Stuff that doesn't work yet in IPv6 patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 12:12:57PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be> writes:
> > I find it so weird, why isn't it just using socketpair() or
> > something?
>
> Checking the HPUX man page for it, I read "socketpair() is supported
> only for AF_UNIX", which suggests that it's not possible to get datagram
> semantics from it, at least on this platform.

SUS says that only AF_UNIX should be supported too:
    The socketpair() function is used primarily with UNIX domain    sockets and need not be supported for other
domains.

That does not prevent you to set the type to either SOCK_STREAM
or SOCK_DGRAM, or even SOCK_SEQPACKET however.

Kurt