Re: SAPdb vs. Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: SAPdb vs. Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 11:58:57AM -0800, David Griffiths wrote:

> SAP is strange. The setup it unusual, and poorly documented. The usage is
> poorly documented. Finally, when we went to use SAP, it worked for a while,
> then the database seemed to get corrupted.

I've heard about that.  A gratis accounting application very promoted
here in Chile uses SAPdb as it's backend, and apparently the driver
manages to corrupt the data somehow.  It's usable now, and becomes
unusable tomorrow.  I wouldn't trust such a RDBMS, no matter how much
features has it got.

I also tried to compare it to Postgres, but the lack of documentation
didn't precisely help me get started, and it was only a hobby so I never
came to it.

"Estoy de acuerdo contigo en que la verdad absoluta no existe...
El problema es que la mentira sí existe y tu estás mintiendo" (G. Lama)