Re: [NOVICE] Postgres Syslog - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: [NOVICE] Postgres Syslog
Date
List pgsql-general
On Monday 31 March 2003 09:02, Delao, Darryl W wrote:
> How about sending log messages to a single file.  I see a file under
> var/log called pgsql, but it has nothing in it.  What do I need to enable
> in the postgreql.conf to start logging to a local file?

You do this in the _syslog_ configuration, not in the PostgreSQL
configuration.  That is just the way syslog works: PostgreSQL contacts the
local syslogd, and logs its message using the syslog facility you define in
postgresql.conf.  What syslog does with that message is determined by
/etc/syslog.conf.  That could be any one of all sorts of things, including,
but not limited to, logging to a single file, logging to a remote syslog
server, logging to the system console, logging to a printer, etc.....and it's
all controlled in /etc/syslog.conf.  So 'man syslog.conf' and see what you
need to do.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio