Re: Rows as Columns - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From chester c young
Subject Re: Rows as Columns
Date
List pgsql-sql
This is obtuse, but it would work:  Have a function that would
dynamically build a view that has each of your type names as a column
name.  It could be triggered by any changes to the types table.  The
data table would be a left joined onto the customer table for each
column.  Then select from the view as you would any other view.

If you'd like some suggestions on the procedure, let me know.