Re: Bug #918: pg_dump problem w/ SEQUENCE - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Laurent FAILLIE
Subject Re: Bug #918: pg_dump problem w/ SEQUENCE
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Bruce,

I duno where is the problem, because :

1/ if I do a simple CREATE SEQUENCE x; as you do, the
output is ok,

2/ It works also if I do a

CREATE SEQUENCE x   START 1   INCREMENT 1   MAXVALUE 2147483647   MINVALUE 1   CACHE 1;

which is the command used to recreate seq_id_fch when
I have upgraded to 7.3.2 (full ascii dump / rm of pg's
data directory / inidb ...).

3/ the problem is only related to this sequence, other
work.
Using the pg_dump shipped w/ 7.3.2, it works also, and
the output is like seen in point 2.

So, it's why I think it's something in the pg_dump's
code in the current snapshot. I'm investingating on my
side.

Bye

Laurent

PS: it should take some time as my workstation is
terribly ssssllloooowwww ...

=====
The misspelling master is on the Web.  _________    100 % Dictionnary Free ! /        /(/  Dico  / /    Pleins d'autres
fautessur
/________/ /    http://go.to/destroyedlolo
(#######( /    http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org:8080
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.