Re: Retrieving database schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Retrieving database schema
Date
List pgsql-general
On Saturday 22 March 2003 23:43, Gary M wrote:
> Thanks, the syntax works fine on 7.3.2.

> Note that "lower($table)" may not be desirable as you CAN create
> mixed-case table and column names, for example...

Like I said, it's a fairly old library query I use in the nspostgres AOLserver
database driver.  It hasn't been updated in ages -- in fact, it's not been
changed since PostgreSQL 6.2.1 days.  Methinks I need to do some PM on the
bit-rot, no? :-)

But how to move forward, without breaking backwards compatibility... will
require some thought.  I can't force the use of PostgreSQL 7.3.x; but I can
check for it at compile time.  (There are multiple OpenACS installations that
use this driver with 7.1.x and 7.2.x backends.)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio