timestamp/date in ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject timestamp/date in ecpg
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I started working on date/timestamp in ecpg. So far I can read date
types from the DB and I can insert date into the DB. However there seems
to be a bug in converting timestamp to ascii or vice versa.

If anyone of you knows more about timestamp2tm etc. could you please
have a look at function PGTYPEStimestamp_ttoa in pgtypeslib/timestamp.c?

Hmm, maybe the transformation in the other direction is the culprit.
What I do is call ts1 = PGTYPEStimestamp_atot("2000-7-12 17:34:29", NULL); followed by a text =
PGTYPEStimestamp_ttoa(ts1);Needless to say the resulting text is not "2000-7-12 17:34:29". :-(

Maybe some of you have an idea.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes