Re: The folding of unquoted names to lower case in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: The folding of unquoted names to lower case in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 02:08:54PM -0700, scott.marlowe wrote:
> I'm strictly talking about a setting that would only be used on systems
> being used to port from databases that fold to uppercase like Oracle.  I
> wouldn't want any changes that affected folks who didn't turn on the
> option, only those who did.

Given that kludges are the order of the day, what about creating an
updatable vire for every (candidate) table, with upper-case names
(for, I suppose, the tables and the fields)?  It's not pretty, but
it'd get you there.  I think it wouldn't be too hard to write a
script to do this automatically.

It'd make an unholy mess, of course, but nobody said this had to be
clean.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110