Re: OpenOffice and Postgres 7.3.2 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: OpenOffice and Postgres 7.3.2
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Start by opening OO and clicking on Tools->Options-Security. Under Security
there will be box labeled class path. You can enter the path to the jar file
there. Once you back out of there press F4 to get the Data Source Browser.
Right click on the Bibliography data source. Then click on Adminstrate Data
Sources. Click on New Data Source. In the right panel select JDBC as database
type. Move to JDBC tab enter org.postgresql.Driver as JDBC driver class.
Enter postgresql:database as URL (assuming database on localhost and using
default port).Select Apply and your data source should be set up. In the left
panel navigate the data source tree to get to tables. Open a table. In the
right panel will be table contents. At bottom of panel there will be record
navigation arrows (next record.last record,etc). There is also a star shaped
icon. If this icon is yellow data entry is allowed, if it is grayed out then
the table is read only. Hope this helps.