Re: is there a way to sets DBI char encoding? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: is there a way to sets DBI char encoding?
Date
List pgsql-general
Could it be an artifact caused by using a "not really an apostrophe"? I see
this all the time when web sites or other data is created is some Windows app
that "helps you" by changing things to "smart quotes" using characters that
don't necessarily exist or have the same representation on other platforms.

You could create a temporary table with just that record, use pg_dump to dump
just that table, and then look at the dump to see exactly what that
apostrophe is.

Cheers,
Steve