is there a way to sets DBI char encoding? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick Hatcher
Subject is there a way to sets DBI char encoding?
Date
List pgsql-general
Pulling data from Pg 7.3.2 via PERL DBI.  For some reason, when I pull a
char field with an apostrophe, I get a strange character in place of the
apostrophe.  So the sentence:  Elizabeth Arden Good Night's Sleep Cream
looks like: Elizabeth Arden Good Night~Rs Sleep Cream

My database encoding is set as LATIN1.  Is there a way to do this in the
DBI?  I assume this is cause of my problem.  If I pull the same data in
PgAdminII, it looks correct
TIA

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com