How to make sequence skip existing key in table? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Raymond Pau
Subject How to make sequence skip existing key in table?
Date
Re: How to make sequence skip existing key in table?
List pgsql-sql
Hi List,

I am using sequence to generate to a list of unique
key id that will be used as the primary key for some
tables.

My question is when the sequence wraps over to the
minimum value(1), how can I ensure that the next id is
not in the tables?

Regards,

Raymond Pau