Re: PGconn thread safety - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: PGconn thread safety
Date
Re: PGconn thread safety  (ahoward <ahoward@fsl.noaa.gov>)
List pgsql-general
On Friday 07 February 2003 12:44 pm, you wrote:
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> That's the theory anyway.  I believe it actually is free of unsafe uses
> of static variables.  However, someone recently pointed out that it uses
> some libc routines that probably aren't thread-safe; so there's some
> cleanup yet to do before we can claim real thread safety.

Well, I ran a mutlithreaded test where around 30 connections were hammered in
a mutlihtreaded servers using libpq for 100,000 transactions. I didn't notice
any data inconsistency.

Only noticable thing was that postgresql was not returning even simplest
result in less than 200 ms. So in order to achieve a good throughput, I had
to up the number of connections. The max throughput. was 200ms/no. of
connections.

but that is a different issue..

 Shridhar