Re: UPDATE slow - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: UPDATE slow
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, John Smith wrote:

> I should also probably note that neither of the foreign key columns is being updated.

It doesn't matter, unfortunately. It currently checks even in that case
due to ON * SET DEFAULT having a failure case if you don't check when no
keys are changed (if you remove the default - and you can't necessarily
check this beforehand either if the defaults are not stable).  Among the
various changes I've been working with is making it only do the check if
one of the set default cases is given or if the key changed.