Re: PostgreSQL + SSL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PostgreSQL + SSL
Date
List pgsql-sql
Actually, the new 7.3.1 error message is:
       if (!S_ISREG(buf.st_mode) || (buf.st_mode & 0077) ||           buf.st_uid != getuid())       {
postmaster_error("badpermissions on private key file (%s)\n"

"File must be owned by the proper user and must have no permissions for\n"
"\"group\" or \"other\".", fnbuf);           ExitPostmaster(1);       }

so that should be clearer for people when it fails.  7.3 had similar
restrictions, but reported the failure more concisely.

Bhuvan A wrote:

> > I?m trying to config PG with SSL, but i got a error. I create the key
> > and the certificate and put both in $PGDATA directory. I also enabled
> > the ssl option in postgresql.conf. But when i run postmaster i got a
> > error saying that server.key has wrong permissions.
>
> It reports the error in either of the below cases:
>
> 1. If the file permission is not -r--r--r--.
> 2. If the certificate and the private key are invalid.
>
> The clear advice is available in the documentation itself. Try out
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/ssl-tcp.html for details.
>
> regards,
> bhuvaneswaran

Pennsylvania19073