Re: readline configure error again - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: readline configure error again
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 05:59:26PM +0100, mike wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I show more about the error when configuring.
>
> this is the message I get when running the "./configure" command.
>
> checking for readline... no
> configure: error: readline library not found
> If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on the
> failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.
> Use --without-readline to disable readline support.

It doesn't know where to find your readline headers and libraries.

If you are compiling on a system with various packages (like RPM,
.deb, whatever), you probably need to install the development version
(it has the headers).

If you compiled and installed yourself, you might want to use the
--with-includes and --with-libs directives.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110