Re: function does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: function does not exist
Date
List pgsql-sql
Quoting from http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?plpgsql-trigger.html :
   PL/pgSQL can be used to define trigger procedures. A trigger procedure   is created with the CREATE FUNCTION command
asa function with no   arguments and a return type of OPAQUE. Note that the function must be   declared with no
argumentseven if it expects to receive arguments   specified in CREATE TRIGGER --- trigger arguments are passed via
TG_ARGV,as described below.

So, you need to write a trigger version of your function, or write a
trigger wrapper that pulls out the args and calls your work function.

Ross