function does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dave A.
Subject function does not exist
Date
Re: function does not exist  ("Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-sql
I am using postgresql version 7.2.3, and have the following situation.

When I attempt to add a function, I get the error CreateTrigger: function
mem_leveled() does not exist.  Using the function in psql (i.e. SELECT
mem_leveled('fubar', 4, '2002/12/30 10:09:00 GMT'); ) works fine, I just
can't create a trigger for it.

I know its something stupid I'm doing (or not doing).

CREATE TABLE members (   name CHARACTER VARYING(256),   level smallint,   date_updated timestamptz,   ... other stuff
)

CREATE TABLE mem_history (   name CHARACTER VARYING(256),   level smallint,   date_achieved timestamptz
)

CREATE FUNCTION mem_leveled (varchar, smallint, timestamptz) RETURN BOOLEAN
AS
'DELCARE   mem_lvl RECORD;
BEGIN   SELECT INTO mem_lvl * FROM mem_history WHERE name = $1 AND level = $2;   IF NOT FOUND THEN       INSERT INTO
mem_historyVALUES ($1, $2, $3);   END IF; RETURN TRUE;

END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE TRIGGER update_mem_level AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE
ON members FOR EACH ROW
EXECUTE PROCEDURE mem_leveled('name', 'level', 'date_updated');

------
Dave A.