Re: Can't connect on Windows - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From fcy@acm.org
Subject Re: Can't connect on Windows
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 08:51:08PM -0500, Reshat Sabiq wrote:
> I installed cygwin-based postgreSQL. I have not been able yet to start
> it as a service (net start postmaster), apparently because of
> permissions problems. I'm waiting on some suggestions, hopefully, about
> that.

Have you followed all the steps in the Cygwin README file for
Postgres, exactly?  That file is located at
/usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-*.README.

Note, in particular, that those steps have you run initdb a second
time to create the empty database owned by the 'postgres' user, a
necessary step for running postgresql as a service associated with
that postgres user.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred@ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc        PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370