schemas (public, custom...) - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Reshat Sabiq
Subject schemas (public, custom...)
Date
List pgadmin-support
What is the significance of public schema (for migration and otherwise).
Is it optional to select a schema? I believe it is for security
constraints. I'm just not used to working with SQL statements like:
public."TableName"
What schema should I have for a DB that will be on the web mostly for
queries? In the short term, I might be connecting to it remotely, but in
the long term I should have add/update/delete interface on the web
(running as me via JDBC). Should I keep it public, none at all, or make
a custom one?

Thank you,
r.