Re: Ran out of connections - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mike Diehl
Subject Re: Ran out of connections
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wednesday 04 December 2002 03:25 pm, Roberto Mello wrote:    > On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 03:08:35PM -0700, Mike Diehl
wrote:   > > Can anyone tell me how to fix this?  The out put of the ps command    > > can be seen at
http://dominion.dyndns.org/~mdiehl/ps.txt   >    > Are you using PHP by chance? I've seen this behavior under
Apache+PHP   > before. My "fix" (workaround rather) was to disable persistent    > connections.

Nope.  I'm using Perl and cgi.  I've got some perl that runs via cron, and
some more that runs via apache.  I'm not even using ModPerl.

It did occur to me that since some of my scripts communicate with other
devices, that I may have some IO blocking, or zombies, but the ps output
didn't indicate that.  I can't see that many scripts running.  Usually, I see
one postgres process for each script/cgi that is running.  Not in this case.

--
Mike Diehl
Network Tools Devl.