Re: release note fixes (7.3 & HEAD) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: release note fixes (7.3 & HEAD)
Date
List pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane writes:
>
> > > My understanding is that HISTORY is generated from release.sgml, so
> > > I've just updated the latter. Someone should also regenerate
> > > HISTORY...
> >
> > Yes.  I'm not sure how it's done though.
>
> cd doc/src/sgml && gmake HISTORY && mv HISTORY ../../..

I did try that but my lynx doesn't understand -stdin.  In this case it
was just as easy to manually fix it.

However, I just played with it some more and got it working with:

    $(LYNX) -force_html -dump -nolist /dev/stdin

I had to add -force_html because the file name doesn't have .html.

Does everyone have /dev/stdin?  Do more people have that than a newer
version of lynx that has -stdin?  I have lynx 2.8.3rel.1 (23 Apr 2000).

Anyway, I commited it so you can test it.