Re: [CYGWIN] ipc-daemon - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: [CYGWIN] ipc-daemon
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce,

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 10:42:30AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> To get into the FAQ, it should be something that happens _frequently_,
> hence FAQ.

Understood.  That is why is said "for consideration."

> Fact is, cygwin may not even be needed in 7.4 because we are
> working on a native port.

A Win32 native port in the 7.4 time frame is great news!  However, I
hope that the Cygwin port will not be deprecated.  There are compelling
reasons to still have a Cygwin PostgreSQL port just like there is with
Python, Perl, Vim, Emacs, etc.  On the other hand, I wouldn't mind being
put out of the Cygwin PostgreSQL support business... :,)

Jason